Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Ugly Number 30

So I'm 30 today - I'm officially old.

I have to say, I've been dreading this day for quite some time.  I mean, seriously, 30 seems like such an OLD number! (Sorry to those of you that have already experienced this number, but come on, you know it's true).  I've always pictured people this age as old, mature, put together, and progressing in their life - but I don't feel like that at all!  I'm probably more unstable right now than I have ever been at any time in my 20's - I'm single, no job, and living in my grandma's basement.  Real impressive, huh?

But today, I just couldn't feel sorry for myself when I looked back at all the wonderful things I have in my life - a wonderful family that loves me, gobs of wonderful, supportive friends, a possible job opportunity doing something that I love,I've traveled the world, and many more blessings that I can't even list.

I realize that I'm nowhere near to where I thought I would be in life, but I'm OK with that b/c I know that I'm where God wants me to be.  And where better to be than in the hands of God.  He's got plans far greater than I can ever imagine and I can't wait to see what He has in store.

So even though I've been dreading this day - now that it's come, I'm going to do my best to embrace it and make it a memorable decade.  Besides, I hear that the 30's are the new 20's... ;)

Watch out 30's - here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment